The Benefit of Pre-Planning with Funeral Insurance
Death is inevitable, but it doesn't have to be a burden for your loved ones. When you pass away, you want to leave behind a legacy of love, not a pile of bills and stress. That's why pre-planning the funeral with funeral insurance is a smart and compassionate choice.
Before we delve deeper into the implications of having and not having Funeral Insurance, let us first try to understand what is Funeral Insurance and how it works.
What is Funeral Insurance?
Funeral insurance, also known as burial insurance or final expense insurance, is a type of life insurance that covers the costs of your funeral and other related expenses. Unlike traditional life insurance, funeral insurance is easy to qualify for, has affordable premiums, and pays out quickly.
Funeral insurance allows you to choose the amount of coverage you need, from a few thousand to tens of thousands of rupees. You can also customize your policy to suit your preferences, such as the type of service, the location, the casket, the flowers, and more. You can even designate a trusted funeral service provider to handle all the arrangements for you.
The concept is quite popular in the western world and is getting steady acceptance worldwide, including in India. The reason being expansion of urban habitats and change in family size from joint to nuclear families. It has emerged as a must-have benefit for urban population and families of the NRIs.
Many prominent Indian Insurance companies are making funeral insurance a part of their insurance bouquet. Some of the major funeral service providers, like Last Journey, are collaborating with Insurance Companies to cater to the need of their clients in a customized and planned way
Why Pre-Plan Your Funeral with Funeral Insurance?
It might make you a bit uncomfortable to discuss a topic as sensitive as death, but believe us that you and your loved ones deserve a better treatment during the hardest times. By the end of this article you would agree that pre-planning a funeral for yourself or your family members especially your parents, is the wisest choice you could make during your lifetime. According to a study by statista.com the mortality rate in India has been rising every year as shown in the chart below and it reached its peak in 2021, making it a cause of concern. About 15% of the deaths in India remain unattended due to lack of planning and awareness among the people.
To keep yours and your loved one’s mind free from the hassles of dealing with death, funeral insurance is the best option. Pre-planning your funeral with funeral insurance has many benefits, both for you and your family. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider it:
- Peace of mind: By pre-planning your funeral, you can ensure that your wishes are respected and honored. You can also spare your family from having to make difficult and emotional decisions at a time of grief. You can rest assured that everything will be taken care of according to your plan.
- Financial security: By pre-paying your funeral with funeral insurance, you can lock in the current prices and avoid inflation. You can also protect your family from the financial burden of paying for your funeral out of pocket or from their inheritance. Funeral insurance pays out within days of your death, so your family can access the funds when they need them most.
- Personalization: By pre-planning your funeral, you can make it a reflection of your personality and values. You can choose the elements that matter to you, such as the music, the readings, the guests, and the memorials. You can also leave behind a meaningful message for your loved ones, such as a letter, a video, or a gift.
- Legacy: By pre-planning your funeral, you can leave behind a lasting legacy for your family and friends. You can show them how much you cared for them and how much you appreciated their presence in your life. You can also support a cause that you were passionate about, such as a charity, a foundation, or a movement.
How to Pre-Plan Your Funeral with Funeral Insurance?
Pre-planning your funeral with funeral insurance is simple and convenient. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Research: The first step is to do some research on the different options and providers available for funeral insurance. You can compare the features, benefits, costs, and reviews of various policies and companies. You can also consult with your family, friends, or financial advisor for their opinions and recommendations.
- Apply: The next step is to apply for the funeral insurance policy that best suits your needs and budget. You can apply online, over the phone, or in person. You will need to provide some basic information, such as your name, age, health, and beneficiary. You will also need to answer some questions about your funeral preferences and arrangements.
- Pay: The final step is to pay for your funeral insurance policy. You can choose the payment method and frequency that works for you, such as monthly, quarterly, or annually. You can also choose the payment mode, such as bank transfer, credit card, or cheque. Once you pay your first premium, your policy will be active and you will be covered.
Pre-planning your funeral with funeral insurance is a wise and caring decision that can benefit you and your family in many ways. It is particularly a must for people who spend time abroad or have joined a job out of India and someone they love are left behind in India. It can give you peace of mind, financial security, personalization, and legacy. It can also save you and your family from unnecessary stress, hassle, and expense.
If you are interested in pre-planning your funeral with funeral insurance, you can contact us at Last Journey. We are a trusted funeral service provider that can help you plan and execute your funeral according to your wishes. We can also help you find and apply for the best funeral insurance policy for you. Contact us today and let us help you prepare for your last journey.
Read also: Why Funeral Insurance is a Must in India
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *