Dog Therapy Services
Pet Therapy Services.
The Last Journey team promotes and encourages the mental well being of everyone. Be it facing the loss of a loved one, or going through other stress and obstacles in life, trying to make the best of everything is the motto we follow.
Healing comes in ways unexpected. And therefore, the last journey team is continuously working on providing everything you need to follow the path of happiness. Pet Therapy Services or Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) is a structure of sessions designed to reach specific goals. We also provide you with Animal Assisted Activities (AAA), which are more casual meetings with animals such as dogs for comfort or recreation.
The Last Journey Dog Therapy Services.
The Last Journey brings you with dog therapy services, also known as Comfort Dogs. Their unconditional love and attention are proven to have therapeutic effects on people. Some of the benefits of our pet therapy services include –
- Lessens depression and makes you happier.
- Helps in coping with grief and move to the path of healing.
- Helps in reducing anxiety.
- Helps people with mental health challenges such as bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and many others.
- Dog therapy services help children learn nurturing skills.
- Increases self-esteem and other personal development skills.
The Last Journey Dog Therapy Services Inclusions –
- Our Pet therapy services cover each location, including assisted living facilities, nursing homes, old-age homes, schools, colleges, hospitals, and private homes.
- Choice of dogs – Labrador, Golden Retriever, German Shephard, and Shih Tzu.
- Dog Handler along with your dog.
- Timings 8:00 am – 7:00pm.
All the furry balls of our dog therapy services are special in their own way. They have lots of love and hugs for everyone and make sure to leave a smile on each face!
Our team at Last Journey works with immense respect and empathy in our hearts. The pain of losing a loved one is universal. We realize that each family and each human has a different experience dealing with pain and we would like to offer you our pet therapy services to help you through this process.
What is the difference between a service and therapy dog?
A Service dog is trained to work with and for a person who has a disability. A therapy dog on the other hand offers affection and love to people suffering from mental stress or people in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, and retirement homes.
What does pet therapy treat?
Pet therapy assists in helping people recover and cope with mental health disorders, and health problems such as cancer, heart diseases, and more.
How does pet therapy relieve stress?
An interactive session with a pet increases all the feel-good hormones of dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin, which in turn reduces cortisol (stress hormone) in the brain.