Astonishing facts about death
“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.” ― Albus Dumbledore, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter.
Even in this era of rapid scientific and technological advancements, the concept of death and what happens after it is unknown. It is this fear of the unknown that makes death seem scary. Though there are different beliefs regarding what happens after death, they cannot be surely proven. What we do know are some interesting facts revolving around death that have been researched and discovered.
Here are some astonishing facts about death:
- It is now possible to have your funeral in space! Many companies now launch a small portion of your loved one’s cremated remains into space.
- Cryonics is the freezing and storage of the human body with the hope that resurrection may be possible in the future. About 300 bodies have been frozen in America.
- Heart Disease is the leading cause of passing away worldwide.
- When a person dies, the sense of hearing is the last to go.
- There exists an occupation called professional/ paid mourning where the mourners are compensated to deliver a eulogy or help comfort and entertain the grieving family.
- There is a service of creating diamonds from the ashes of your loved ones as a memorial product.
- The leading cause of preventable deaths worldwide is the lack of exercise.
- According to research, more than 7000 people die annually due to poor handwriting skills of doctors.
- Mount Everest has about 200 bodies of failed climbers, which are now used as landmarks on the way to the top.
- On some bodies, a substance called adipocere forms in the first few days after death. It is also known as corpse wax and can preserve the rest of the remains for years.
- As compared to right-handers, left-handers are likely to die a few years earlier.
- To date, there is only one species that has been called biological immortal, Turritopsis Dohrnii jellyfish,
- Forensic Scientists can tell how long a person has been dead just by looking at the type of insects on the body.
- Air pollution is responsible for approximately 6.5 million deaths worldwide.
- It is estimated that approximately 1, 53,000 people die every day.
Read Also:-How to distract yourself from stress?