Dead Body Transportation by Air
Transporting your dear ones is still easier to arrange within cities. The main challenge is the transit of the body through air. If the body is air-shipped either from one state to the other, or one country to the other, there are some legalities that one needs to be familiar with. The shipping protocols and the documents required to transit your loved one domestically or internationally are different throughout. Last Journey dead body transportation by air in Chennai provides complete assistance in the process.
What is the procedure for dead body transportation by air?
- Assistance in the arrangement of the following documents for air cargo clearances.
- Hospital clearances or death certificate stating the cause of demise and whether the patient is Covid positive
- A Police No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the local police station
- In the case of dead body transportation by air, the process of embalming is necessary. One needs to have an embalming certificate
- To transport the loved ones safely and securely professional undertakers seal and pack them in a coffin box. Having a coffin box certificate is necessary
- No objection Certificate or clearance from the respective country’s consulate
- Duly canceled passport of the deceased by the appropriate State of authority
- Id cards with photos such as an Aadhard card or driver’s license are mandatory for verification purposes
- Particular air operators provide the services of transporting human remains by air. We will coordinate with the best and the safest operators for air cargo bookings and tickets. The next best flight will be booked as per your needs and requirements.
- Before transporting your loved one to the airport for transit, your beloved will be kept in a mortuary facility. Arrangement of bookings and documents will be done by our team of experienced professionals.
- Mortuary Van/Hearse/Ambulance for transportation. The body of the deceased needs to be transported to various facilities such as the embalming center, mortuary center, and airport. We will make sure that you have hygienic and prompt transport each step of the way.
We work both domestically and internationally to transfer human remains in Chennai. Our years of experience in funeral and repatriation services will help you arrange the repatriation of a loved one from anywhere around the world. The entire process is very complex as it requires you to present documents and learn about the different laws. We’ve served more than 3000 families so far to ensure you that we can make it easier for you at every step.
Is it safe to transport a body by air?
Yes, it is safe to transport dead bodies by air. Dead bodies are transported via cargo planes from Chennai, and we ensure to receive the deceased at the cargo terminal. All precautions are taken, and regulations are followed to transport the body without any obstruction.
What are the charges of transporting a body by air from Chennai?
The charges of transporting a body by air may vary depending on where the body is being transported from and to what destination. The mortuary cargo fee is calculated based on the weight of the deceased person and the distance to be covered.
Is embalmment necessary if the body is transported by air?
Mostly embalmment is required if the body is being transported by air/rail/road and must cover long distances. It is advised to discuss this with the funeral manager, who is responsible for transportation.