Keoratola Burning Ghat is one of the most known and largest cremation grounds in Kolkata. Also known as Keoratola crematorium or Shahnagar Keoratola crematorium, it is Shmashana located at Tollygunge Road, Kalighat, Kolkata. It was established here in 1862 due to the presence of the bank of Adi Ganga.
There is a park near the cremation ground with memorials and tombs paying tributes to lost people. Conducting respectful last rites is a pure process, and the Keoratola burning ghat is a calm and soothing place to conduct those funeral rituals.
Last Journey is a team of empathetic individuals supporting and assisting families at such difficult times. They help in conducting the entire cremation service with dignity and care.
Some of the landmarks include Matri Bhavan Hospital, Ram Krishna Sarada Matri Hospital, and temple in Kolkata such as Sri Sri Shitala Mandir, Shib Mandir, and Sri Sri Sarva Mangala Kali Mandir.
Process of conducting Cremation at Keoratala burning ghat:
Step 1) Call 08045810654 to book a slot at the shmashana
Step 2) Book for transportation of the deceased, antim sanskar samagri, wooden logs, and pandit services
Step 3) Upon reaching the ground, you will be guided by the Last Journey team regarding the series of rituals
Step 4) You will be provided with the Asthi’s for ash immersion in an urn
Step 5) For conducting Post Cremation rituals – Funeral prayer meet, Shradha Ceremony, Asthi Visarjan, Poojas and Hawans, book with Last Journey
113, Near Keoratala Post Office, Tollygunge Road, Kalighat, Kolkata – 700026
Monday – Sunday: 24 Hours
Services at Keoratola Cremation Ground By the Last Journey:
- 24*7 assistance in end-to-end cremation
- Wood Pyre and Electric Cremation available
- Dead body transportation in Kolkata by hearse, ambulance, mortuary van
- Freezer Box on Hire in Kolkata
- Arrangement of Antim Sanskar Samagri
- Experienced Pandit and Purohit Services
- Bookings of Prayer Hall in Kolkata
- Organizing Post cremation rituals such as Shradh
- Assistance in ash immersion known as Asthi Visarjan
- Last Journey supervisors and staff for assistance
- Broadcasting of Prayer Meet Via Zoom
Help and Support :
- Assistance in obtaining Death Certificate
- A Funeral Manager for Supervision
- Two Staff Members for Constant Help and Support
Photo ID of the deceased.
- No. of Spaces
- Sanitized Area
- Waiting Room
- Parking Space