Dead Body Transportation by Air
When it comes to transporting your loved ones it is still easier to arrange for the commute to the cremation ground or within cities. The main challenge is the transit of the body through the plane. There are countless laws to consider before you start with the process of transportation. One needs to be well aware of all the shipping protocols and the documents required to transit your loved one domestically and internationally at the lowest prices. Last Journey dead body transportation by air in Kolkata provides complete assistance in the process.
What is the procedure for dead body transportation by air?
- Assistance in the arrangement of the following documents for air cargo clearances.
- Hospital clearances or death certificate stating the cause of demise and whether the patient is Covid positive
- A Police No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the local police station
- In the case of dead body transportation by air, the process of embalming is necessary. One needs to have an embalming certificate
- To transport the loved ones safely and securely professional undertakers seal and pack them in a coffin box. Having a coffin box certificate is necessary
- No objection Certificate or clearance from the respective country’s consulate
- Duly cancelled passport of the deceased by the appropriate State of authority
- Id cards with photos such as an Aadhard card or driver’s license are mandatory for verification purposes
- Particular air operators provide the services of transporting human remains by air. We will coordinate with the best and the safest operators for air cargo bookings and tickets. The next best flight will be booked as per your needs and requirements.
- Before transporting your loved one to the airport for transit, your beloved will be kept in a mortuary facility. Arrangement of bookings and documents will be done by our team of experienced professionals.
- Mortuary Van/Hearse/Ambulance for transportation. The body of the deceased needs to be transported to various facilities such as the embalming center, mortuary centre, and airport. We will make sure that you have hygienic and prompt transport each step of the way.
We offer both domestic and international transfer of human remains in Kolkata. With years of funeral and repatriation experience, we can help you arrange the repatriation of a loved one, to or from anywhere in the world. The entire process can get difficult and overwhelming as there are many documents to arrange and many laws to keep in mind. Last Journey funeral services have served 3000+ families and can assure you of high-quality services.
Is it safe to transport a body by air?
Yes, it is safe to transport dead bodies by air. Dead bodies are transported via cargo planes from Kolkata, and we ensure to receive the deceased at the cargo terminal. All precautions are taken, and regulations are followed to transport the body without any obstruction.
What are the charges of transporting a body by air from Kolkata?
The charges of transporting a body by air may vary depending on where the body is being transported from and to what destination. The mortuary cargo fee is calculated based on the weight of the deceased person and the distance to be covered.
Is embalmment necessary if the body is transported by air?
Mostly embalmment is required if the body is being transported by air/rail/road and must cover long distances. It is advised to discuss this with the funeral manager, who is responsible for transportation.