Garia Adi Maha Shamshan Kolkata
Garia Adi Mahasansan Burning Ghat is one of the most sacred and biggest places for carrying out the last rites of your loved one. Being one of the oldest cremation grounds in Kolkata, it is well managed by the authorities. It is equipped with several facilities including benches, drains, restrooms, and a waiting area.
The Shamshana operates at full capacity and hence it is advised to reach out to us for a stress-free process.
Some of the landmarks near the Garia Adi Mahasansan Burning Ghat include Vivekananda Hindi Medium High School in Kolkata, Saint Teresa Kolkata Memorial TB Hospital, temples of Char Chala Terracota Temple, Garia Lahabagan Shibmandir, and Kidderpore Jubagosthi.
Process of conducting Cremation at Garia Adi Mahasansan burning ghat:
Step 1) Call 07827777889 to book a slot at the shmashana
Step 2) Book for transportation of the deceased, antim sanskar samagri, wooden logs, and pandit services
Step 3) Upon reaching the ground, you will be guided by the Last Journey team regarding the series of rituals
Step 4) You will be provided with the Asthi’s for ash immersion in an urn
Step 5) For conducting Post Cremation rituals – Funeral prayer meet, Shradha Ceremony, Asthi Visarjan, Poojas and Hawans, book with Last Journey
138, Boral Main Road, Kolkata – 84
Monday – Sunday: 24 Hours
Services at Garia Adi Maha Shamshan By the Last Journey:
- 24*7 assistance in end-to-end cremation
- Wood Pyre and Electric Cremation available
- Dead body transportation in Kolkata by hearse, ambulance, mortuary van
- Freezer Box on Hire in Kolkata
- Arrangement of Antim Sanskar Samagri
- Experienced Pandit and Purohit Services
- Bookings of Prayer Hall in Kolkata
- Organizing Post cremation rituals such as Shradh
- Assistance in ash immersion known as Asthi Visarjan
- Last Journey supervisors and staff for assistance
- Broadcasting of Prayer Meet Via Zoom
Help and Support :
- Assistance in obtaining Death Certificate
- A Funeral Manager for Supervision
- Two Staff Members for Constant Help and Support
Photo ID of the deceased.