Nimtala Burning Ghat Kolkata
Nimtala Crematorium historically known as Nimtala burning ghat is located on Beadon Street, Kolkata, India. The ghat was constructed in 1827, and in 2010 the government upgraded the cremation ground to make the Shmashana more equipped and serviceable. There is a beautiful memorial here paying tribute to Rabindranath Tagore.
Some interesting facts of the Nimtala Burning Ghat are that it has been represented in literature. It has an important part in a Malayalam Novel by K.R Meera.
With its well-located location and spacious area, one can conduct the last rites without any hassles. The place is considered holy for conducting cremation rituals.
Some of the landmarks near Nimtala Burning Ghat include Kabiguru Rabindranath Tagore’s Samadhi Memorial, Sterling Hospital, Meyo Hospital, and temples of Adi Bhutnath Temple, Anandamoyee Kali Mandir, Durgeswar Shiv Mandir.
Process of conducting Cremation at Nimtala burning ghat:
Step 1) Call 08045810654 to book a slot at the shmashana
Step 2) Book for transportation of the deceased, antim sanskar samagri, wooden logs, and pandit services
Step 3) Upon reaching the ground, you will be guided by the Last Journey team regarding the series of rituals
Step 4) You will be provided with the Asthi’s for ash immersion in an urn
Step 5) For conducting Post Cremation rituals – Funeral prayer meet, Shradha Ceremony, Asthi Visarjan, Poojas and Hawans, book with Last Journey
Strand Bank Road. Kolkata-700001 Landmark: Near Ahiritola
Monday – Sunday: 24 Hours
Services at Nimtala Crematorium By the Last Journey:
- 24*7 assistance in end-to-end cremation
- Wood Pyre and Electric Cremation available
- Dead body transportation in Kolkata by hearse, ambulance, mortuary van
- Body Freezer Box on Hire in Kolkata
- Arrangement of Antim Sanskar Samagri
- Experienced Pandit and Purohit Services
- Bookings of Prayer Hall in Kolkata
- Organizing Post cremation rituals such as Shradh
- Assistance in ash immersion known as Asthi Visarjan
- Last Journey supervisors and staff for assistance
- Broadcasting of Prayer Meet Via Zoom
Help and Support :
- Assistance in obtaining Death Certificate
- A Funeral Manager for Supervision
- Two Staff Members for Constant Help and Support
Photo ID of the deceased.