Sirity Shamsan Ghat is a known and one of the oldest cremation grounds in Kolkata. It has a vast area and there are a number of spaces available to conduct the last rites of the beloved deceased. Known for performing Antim Kriya or Antyesti, members of the Last Journey team empathetically serves grieving families during the most difficult times of their lives.
It is an easy to reach location and the Shmashana is a calm and soothing place to conduct the funeral rites of the lost loved one.
Some of the landmarks of Siriti Burning Ghat include NSHM Hostel, The Tollygunge Club, Tapan Sinha Memorial Hospital, M R Bangur Super Speciality Hospital, Ramkrishno Medico, Temples in B L Saha Road, Kolkata – Kali Temple, Peyarabagan Kalyan Samiti, Jagannath Temple.
Process of conducting Cremation at Sirity burning ghat:
Step 1) Call 08045810654 to book a slot at the shmashana
Step 2) Book for transportation of the deceased, antim sanskar samagri, wooden logs, and pandit services
Step 3) Upon reaching the ground, you will be guided by the Last Journey team regarding the series of rituals
Step 4) You will be provided with the Asthi’s for ash immersion in an urn
Step 5) For conducting Post Cremation rituals – Funeral prayer meet, Shradha Ceremony, Asthi Visarjan, Poojas and Hawans, book with Last Journey
Basanta Lal Saha Rd, Sirity, Tollygunge, Kolkata, West Bengal 700041
Monday – Sunday: 24 Hours
Services at Sirity Shamsan Ghat By the Last Journey:
- 24*7 assistance in end-to-end cremation
- Wood Pyre and Electric Cremation available
- Dead body transportation in Kolkata by hearse, ambulance, mortuary van
- Freezer Box on Hire in Kolkata
- Arrangement of Antim Sanskar Samagri
- Experienced Pandit and Purohit Services
- Bookings of Prayer Hall in Kolkata
- Organizing Post cremation rituals such as Shradh
- Assistance in ash immersion known as Asthi Visarjan
- Last Journey supervisors and staff for assistance
- Broadcasting of Prayer Meet Via Zoom
Help and Support :
- Assistance in obtaining Death Certificate
- A Funeral Manager for Supervision
- Two Staff Members for Constant Help and Support
Photo ID of the deceased.
- No. of Spaces
- Sanitized Area
- Waiting Room
- Parking Space