The Chandanwadi Crematorium is located at the Marine Lines and is one of the most known Shmashana which opened up in 1954. The ground has two sections in which the former caters to the traditional wood pyre method of cremation and the latter has an electric crematorium. The cremation ground is known for conducting dignified antim sanskar and caters to all.
It is an easy to reach location for the last rites of your beloved in the area of South Mumbai. Serving the emotional and physical needs of mourning families, Chandanwadi Crematorium ground provides for a comprehensive cremation. It’s a serene location and the last rites of many known people have been conducted here.
The Last Journey staff and pandit are extremely empathetic and helpful. They will conduct the entire cremation service with full dignity and respect. The end-to-end cremation services include organizing for pandit services, arranging the antim sanskar samagri kit, providing a freezer box, timely delivery of mortuary van/hearse, embellishing of the lost loved one with holy items, booking of Chandanwadi Cremation ground, and making all the preparations for the cremation process.
A Religiously completed cremation at the ground will allow you to bid a respectful goodbye to the beloved. The burning of the deceased allows for them to return to their original state thereby helping the soul of the deceased in achieving salvation.
How to conduct cremation at Chandanwadi Crematorium?
Step 1) Call 07827777889 to book a slot at the shmashana
Step 2) Book for transportation of the deceased, antim sanskar samagri, wooden logs, and pandit services
Step 3) Upon reaching the ground, you will be guided by the Last Journey team regarding the series of rituals
Step 4) You will be provided with the Asthi’s for ash immersion in an urn
Step 5) For conducting Post Cremation rituals – Funeral prayer meet, Shradha Ceremony, Asthi Visarjan, Poojas and Hawans, book with the Last Journey
Thana, Maharshi Karve Rd, Chandan Wadi, Sonapur, Kalbadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400002
Open 24 Hours
Services at Chandanwadi Crematorium by the Last Journey:
- Wood Pyre and Electric Cremation Available
- Provision of Transportation by Mortuary Van/Hearse/Ambulance
- Provision of Sandalwood Log and Cow Dung Logs
- At Home Freezer Box Deliveries in Mumbai
- Preparing of bier for Antim Kriya
- Quick Arrangement of Antim Sanskar Samagri, including Kurta Pyjama, Sacred Items, and Urn
- Experienced Pandit Services for Ritual and Further Guidance
- Bookings of Prayer Hall for Chautha/Tehravin/Shradh/Brahman Bhoj
- Assistance in ash immersion known as Asthi Visarjan
In the Light of the Ongoing Pandemic, the team of the Last Journey has introduced Online Broadcasting of the rituals and ceremonies. From Distant villages to International Borders, your family can be with you during these hard times.
Additional Support :
- Assistance in obtaining Death Certificate
- A Funeral Manager for Supervision
- Two Staff Members for Constant Help and Support
Photo ID of the deceased.